RND/ In which one considers what is violent and violently absurd about real world Policing, precisely because Police Simulator: Patrol Officers simulator game is virtual and a largely empty, stupid universe of ugly, repetitive Jank:
You can’t commit brutality or shoot citizen for smugling drugs, the game is just boring they should rename it Weakling cuck simulator
– Early Access Review on Steam by Rodrigo Duterte
Boring, sterile, soulless.
– False Dmitry
[T]he camera does not simply capture ‘the real.’ What it grasps is […] ‘the [naturalized] world of dominant ideology.’ [..] The function of ideology is to explain away and thus naturalize class rule.
– Mas’ud Zavarzadeh, from Ayana McNair – The captive public: media representations of the police and the (il)legitimacy of police power (University of Southern California)
Example Reference Links
- Bureaucracy as Violence – University of Michigan (PDF)
- Kotaku: Video Games Have To Reckon With How They Depict The Police
- It’s Going Down: How Police Are Complicit in the Rise of Fascism
- Shock: Cops in video games: virtual heroes or real villains (google translation)
- On The Poverty Of The Video Real: OMSI 2 Bus Simulator Game
- Wikipedia: The Authoritarian Personality
- Verso – Fascism, Racial Capitalism, and Police Violence: Antifascist Reflections from the 1930s to the Black Panthers
- Tufts University – What Is The Prison Industrial Complex?
// how to play big science