Some helpful theoretical context for buying Art (/in the time of Covid) from or via theorist Robert What (in short, an Artist Statement):
- The art on this site is of the Luxury Conceptual Performance variety – even the digital images.
- It’s fairly priced – according to the strict, standard contemporary values of the Global Capitalist Art Market.
- It’s only meant for the ultra rich, identifying as ‘white’.
- Like synthetic sweeteners, such work contains ‘1calorie art’.
- Its success and failure as art lies in the bizarre and fantastical moment (privilege) of Purchase – of perfect default Consumerist excess.
- To buy art on this site is to enter into a conceptually performative call-and-response with Robert What.
- Posts featuring the phrase ‘Ideal / Idealized cost for such a concept as this: £ [AMOUNT] – contact Robert What today for details‘ are available to buy instantly; after such a completed transaction, Robert What can provide a verifiable digital certificate of conceptual purchase.
Do you know people easily able to finance this form of deconstructive artistic insanity / darkly cynical genius? If so, please let them know this site exists! They’ll find it all very ‘amusing and intriguing’.
Example Reference Links
- About This Site
- RANT vs ISCA (fiction)
- How To Play Big Science
- Calculating The Hyperreal Financial Concept of “Worth”
- “The Art World is the most phony, elitist clique of circle jerking pretentious twats there is”
- “This Is Your Head”: The Difficulty Of Selling Conceptual Art Online
- Why Is (/Post) Modern Art So Bad? with Sad Aesthetic-Relativist Background Drowning Music
- Conceptual Paintings re: Artistic Freedom In The Age Of Neoliberal Copyright Ideology
- Libcom: The decline of decadence – Malcolm Bull